Skip to main content

8 Reasons to Hire a Personal Trainer or Running Coach



Why Should You Hire A Personal Trainer?


While you can go online and search for free exercise plans, nutrition plans, even running plans, they are generic and not personal to you and your specific needs. What weight rotation works for some, may not work for you. With nutrition, it's never a one-size-fits-all solution. And what running plan works for one person, may not help another one bit. 

If you're new to fitness or new to running, then generic plans may leave you more confused and frustrated or possibly even injured. Generic plans do have their place of course. I offer many free workouts. But they aren't geared towards someone's very specific goals or needs. They're great when you're in a rut with your own workout and offer something new and different, maybe even something challenging. But they aren't part of a well-planned workout rotation.

This is where having a personal trainer or running coach comes into play. As a certified personal trainer and running coach, I am trained to help my clients meet THEIR personal, specific goals based on their individual needs and differences. I get to know you and your needs, goals, even limitations and set up a well-structured, individualized plan. 

Here is how a personal trainer (or running coach) can benefit you:

1. Help Getting Started

Not sure how how many reps to do of an exercise or what order they should be in? What is a superset? How do I know when to add on more mileage to a run or do speed work? 

A personal trainer will help you navigate the ins and outs of resistance training, setting up workouts for you, and helping you with proper form and technique so that you get the most out of your workouts. 

A running coach will make sure that you don't increase your miles too rapidly, help you understand when and why to do certain types of speed work, and can help with proper form for more efficient running.

2. Individualized Plans

A personal trainer or running coach will set up a workout plan that is structured and that is specific to YOU and your individual needs, especially if you have any special circumstances like injury or illness.

Hold you accountable: Having a personal trainer or running coach will keep you accountable and also help you learn to stick to a plan. 

3. Help Setting Realistic Goals (and Achieving Them)

Do you have a goal weight in mind? Where did that number come from? Do you want to lift x amount for a bicep curl or run a mile at x pace? Why? A personal trainer and running coach will help you define your goals, make sure that they are realistic, and then help you achieve those goals. 

4. Motivation and Encouragement

It can be hard to find the motivation to hit the gym or head out for a run. But when you have your own personal cheerleader on your side, it can make things a lot easier.  

5. Providing a Challenge

You're hitting the weights or going out for a daily run, but are you just going through the motions? A trainer will provide you with an individualized plan that encourages you to challenge yourself. A proper plan will be challenging in order to help you grow, improve, and achieve your goals.

6. Monitoring of Progress 

A certified personal trainer or running coach will monitor your progress and make adjustments to your plans as needed to ensure success. 

7. Feedback  

Wondering why your weight isn't budging, but your body fat is dropping? Or maybe you're not able to run faster or lift heavier, why? A certified personal trainer can help you find those answers and provide useful feedback.

8. Learning Consistency

Have a plan but struggle to stick with it? Can't seem to find a consistent routine? A personal trainer or running coach can help you learn to prioritize your fitness and nutrition for a healthier lifestyle. A personal trainer can help you understand your own personal roadblocks and brainstorm ways to overcome them.



So, now you're thinking, "That's great Heather, but I can barely afford the inflated gym membership let alone a trainer." I started Where's the Beach Fitness in order to help people realize their fitness goals. And how can people do that if they can't afford a trainer? 

This is why I offer Online plan options (as well as in-person training sessions if you're local to Little Rock). This means you can get the benefits of a trainer or running coach, without the high cost of in-person sessions. You still get a completely customized plan that includes workouts, nutrition suggestions, feedback, progress tracking, motivation and encouragement, and support but at a fraction of the cost. 



Have you ever hired a personal trainer or running coach or used an online trainer? Do you like to try out free workouts? 

Comments

  1. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing. Where to Hire a Personal Trainer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.