Skip to main content

Weekend of Enjoying

This weekend was all about enjoying the beautiful weather, enjoying the idea of slowing down and relaxing, and enjoying time with my mom for Mother's Day.

Saturday started off with a run with Jason. It was warm, but not terrible. Wind was directly from the north and slapping you in the face. Though, as I started to get warm, it actually was welcomed. Jason dropped off at the house at 6.25 miles. I was planning to hit 8 miles since I had already done my weekly 10-miler on Thursday.

As I set off to finish my run, I realized I was feeling really good. My legs were itching to keep on running. I was just enjoying the beautiful morning. So I ended up with another 10-miler. I almost went on for 11, but decided it'd probably be in my best interest, or my foot's best interest, to reel myself in. I've never done two double-digit runs in a week before.

After getting cleaned up, I studied a bit for my ISSA Personal Trainer Certification before heading out to meet my mom for lunch. I wanted to take her to YaYa's. They have really good food and a nice atmosphere. I knew she'd really enjoy it.

I regret that I didn't get a picture of the two of us though. But we had a fantastic time. We sat and talked for nearly an hour after we had finished our lunch. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.


Sunday I did a weight workout for back, triceps and legs and then a tabata DVD. I had really wanted to run so badly, but my foot had other plans for me. Sometimes the hardest thing about being a runner is knowing when to hold off. But, I did get in a good workout thanks to Cathe.

The rest of the day was spent outside. I weeded flower beds, deadheaded roses, and sat and finished a book. To cap off the day, we grilled pizzas and enjoyed dinner outside as well.


All in all, a perfectly balanced weekend of relaxing, enjoying with enough productivity to make you feel less guilty about all the relaxing and enjoying ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.