Skip to main content

Fun for Friday - What I Learned from a Girls' Trip


I want to, again, thank both Jessica and Sarena for their guest posts while I was in California. If you missed the posts, please check them out!



While I was in Long Beach, I only got online twice. There was no wifi in our room, and I refused to pay 10 bucks for it. I also didn't want to spend my time sitting in the lobby on the computer. Sometimes not having easy internet access is a good thing. It makes you focus on being present. 

I did, of course, share some Instagram pictures. But that was about it. I do feel like I missed out on hearing what's up with everyone. I guess that's the lure of social media. But, I'm glad I was disconnected. It meant focussing on having fun with my sister and friend and enjoying vacation time. 

I'll do a full recap next week, most likely a recap in pictures because those are much more fun I think. But, it happens to be Fun Facts/For Friday, so I thought it'd be fun to share what it's like to travel with two other women. 

I've never done a girls' only trip. I was a little trepidatious. I had never traveled with Cris before. You tend to learn a lot about people when you travel together, and often don't know what to expect. I've had great friends that I learned I simply couldn't vacation with. Has that happened to you?

Anyway, it turned out to be just fine after all. I mean, there were a few times when we got a little uptight, mostly when we were hungry and tired. But all in all? A great girls' trip. But there are differences traveling with all women. And here's what I learned:
  • There will be a LOT of makeup and hair care products littering the bathroom counter.
  • It will look like a department store exploded in the bedroom when everyone is getting ready.
  • You will have options of trading/sharing clothes if you're not liking what you brought.
  • There will be many outfit changes.
  • There cannot be enough mirrors in the hotel room. Two was absolutely not enough.
  • It can be tricky trying to time getting ready. Luckily Sarah had to get ready first; Cris got ready while I was working out; I went last. 
  • There will be lots of singing and dancing around.
  • Women come well prepared. If you forgot something, someone else had it.
  • The room will basically smell like hair spray and lotion.
  • There will be a lot of pictures being taken and attempts at taking pictures of the 3 of us together. 


Have you taken a Girls' Trip? Anything you learned from it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.