Skip to main content

Thank You Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

Blown Away
Gosh, you guys sure know how to make a girl teary-eyed. I want to thank everyone for your incredible words of kindness, support, and positivity after Friday's post.

And the support went above and beyond with so many of you dedicating your miles or workouts to me. Seriously, you have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you ladies for running and lifting for me!

Jen from Running with the Girls

Kierston at Candy Fit

Christine from Love Life Surf

Angela from Happy Fit Mama

Jolene at Determined to Be

I also appreciate all of your emails, direct messages, Facebook and twitter messages. Seriously blown away by the support of so many people who've never even met me. It's just amazing. Simply amazing.

The Weekend
This weekend was actually pretty good. My sister was in town on Friday for a follow-up appointment for my nephew. So, she stopped by the house and also took me to Hobby Lobby so I could pick up some picture frames. Unfortunately she didn't stay the night. Jason and I ended up just playing cards and listening to music.

Saturday, however, my sis ended up coming back up for a visit. She had offered to help clean or anything like that. But I really just needed to get out of the house for a bit. I know I shouldn't have gone anywhere, but....I did.

She took me to Target and then we went to the mall for a bit. She found some great deals. I didn't, but that's ok. We went back to the house and just visited until my friends C & T came by. They brought pizzas for everyone from Pizza Cafe.

Luckily it was warm enough so we could sit outside and enjoy the food and company outdoors just as if we were at Pizza Cafe's patio, only better. It was so nice of them to stop by and visit. It really made my day, spending it with my sister and friends.

Sunday I behave and didn't leave the house. Jason was really great and he ran the errands that I wanted to do. He also got the lights on the Christmas tree and outside of the house. I got the ornaments on the tree finally so it at least looks like Christmas around here.

While he was out, I ended up making some Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with an Orange "Buttercream" Frosting. I have clearly been watching far too much Food Network to decide I needed to make cupcakes. I don't even care for cupcakes, let alone chocolate cupcakes. If I could share these with all of you as a Thank You, I would in a heartbeat!

After searching around for recipes, I semi-followed these two recipes for the cupcakes and the frosting


My changes: For the cupcakes I split the oil using 1/2 coconut oil and 1/2 vegetable oil. I wasn't sure how the coconut oil would do as I've not used it much at all. So I thought splitting it would be safer. I used 2/4 cups of organic sugar and 1/4 cup of the NuNaturals Baking Blend to cut back on the sugar. I was out of vanilla extract so I used both NuNaturals Liquid Vanilla Stevia and Orange Stevia.

For the frosting, I added in both NuNaturals Liquid Vanilla Stevia and Orange Stevia and used less almond milk.

My running buddy stopped by for a visit. I had some kale and grapes to give to her (they have vitamin K, which is a coagulant and I need to cut back on for now) as well as some of the cupcakes of course. She loves cupcakes and has a daughter who wanted a non-iced one.

We had a nice visit. It was really great having her stop by and just chat. Usually we're talking while running so it was nice to talk sitting for a change ;-)

Besides being thankful for all the well-wishes and kind words, I'm very lucky that my bosses have gotten me remote access. This means I can work from home, which should make the doctor very happy. So today, I'm home and I also have my first follow-up appointment at 1:30. Not really sure if they'll find any changes so soon, but I'm trying to be hopeful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.