Skip to main content

8 Miles and Way to Go Wednesday

Another Hot Run
Yesterday, my running partner and I set out for a run around 4:10-ish. Well, she had run about 3 miles before we met up and I had gotten in a mile before meeting up. And that crazy girl ran from her house to mine with a gift in hand for me. I am now the owner of a light that clips onto the bill of my hat. Perfect for dark runs. She's too sweet. Now we can blind people together ;-)

It was an icky kind of warm - 74 degrees, high humidity, and almost no breeze. Thankfully the sun was lower in the sky. We made our way downtown near the river then back up up up to her house. I dropped her off at her mile 8+ and then finished out the rest of the run solo hitting 8 miles myself.

I enjoy the afternoon runs but find myself totally pooped afterwards. I cleaned up, put on my compression socks and stretched for a while before starting dinner. I went with an easy veggie soup (kind of a toss everything into the pot deal). The only problem is that it took longer than I would have liked.

Not only am I pooped after an evening run, I'm starved no matter what my pre-run snack might be.

Way to Go Wednesday
I know it's Wednesday (technically) but it feels like Friday since it's the last day of work for the week. A girl could get used to 3-day work weeks! This week's shout outs:

Nicole at Simply Nicole for running her first half marathon - the Philadelphia Half. 

Lindsay for doing herself a huge favor and taking the whole week off!

Corey at Learning Patience for taking on her first half marathon after some major trials and tribulations this summer. 

Last but certainly not least - a huge shout out to my mom and dad for putting up with me for 30coughchoughplus years. Without you both, I wouldn't be who I am today.



Your turn - leave a shout out in the comments! I always love to hear them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.