Skip to main content

Winesday and Rest Day

Wednesday Winesday
As I mentioned yesterday, Jason and I made Wednesday more special. Not just another evening of rushing to get dinner done, sitting and blogging, or staring at the tv.

We went to a wine bar downtown called ZIN Urban Wine Bar. On Wednesday nights they have a wine tasting that they do: 5 pours for $15. Jason immediately went with that option. I, however, am not as adventurous, so I stuck with a safe glass of white - Acrobat, King Estate, Oregon Pinot Gris.

I did taste each of Jason's selections though. All were pretty good, even the chardonnay was drinkable, and I don't typically care for them. I was surprised at how much I ended up like a Pinot Noir Rose - Schug. Honestly, I have never had a Rose. This one almost reminded me of the Louis Tete Beaujolais Nouveau (which we can no longer get here sadly). It was very light, dry, low-sugars. 
Source: snooth.com via Heather on Pinterest

Anyway, I just stuck to my one glass, and after Jason finished his tastings, we headed home to make dinner. We had been sort of debating about what to make over the wine.

We ended up settling on a roasted kale salad with roasted squash, zucchini, and portobellos. I heated up some cannellini beans with garlic, a little vegetable broth, salt, pepper, thyme, fresh basil and oregano and let that simmer until all liquid was gone.

For a dressing, I simply blended together silken tofu with roasted bell peppers, almond milk, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings.

We decided to eat dinner and watch the Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian. However, we realized right away that we had already seen that one. I guess we had both added it to Netflix. We watched it anyway. It was definitely better than flipping around the tv channels.

Rest Day
Today was a rest day for me. Though, I'll admit that I really really wanted to take my new Brooks Ghost 5's out for a test run. But, the DOMS finally set in from Tuesday's leg circuit, and I'm planning my long run in the morning.


So, instead, I plan to spend some time stretching and rolling while watching Food Network. Jason went to an evening swim class, so I have the house to myself again. I plan on just making a loaded sweet potato for dinner and painting my nails - they're in sad shape right now. 


I do have a few house chores to get done because I have a guest from out of town staying Saturday night. But other than that, I plan to take full advantage of my rest day.


Daily To-Enjoy List:
Rest day
Relaxing
Painting nails

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.