Skip to main content

Running, Lifting & Stuffed Zucchini

Running
Originally, Jason and I had planned on running early this morning. But, we did have quite a cool down (so it wasn't as necessary to get out before the sun came up) and Jason has been up to either swim or run all week and was wanting to sleep in a bit.

I was kind of disappointed at first, but when I didn't sleep well last night, I was really happy we put the run off until lunchtime. Sometimes things work out right don't they?

We set out for the run just after 11:30. It was sunny, clear skies, 72 degrees but almost no humidity (or at least no humidity for here). There was a nice breeze, so it really didn't feel terribly warm. We headed towards the arts center where there is a park we have been running through more frequently. It's just nice to take a different route, see some different scenery.

The goal was 4 miles with no particular pace in mind. In fact, I never looked at the lap times until the last mile. I know we were speeding up. We both sort of sprinted out the last 2 tenths and ended mile 4 at an 8:29 pace. I love it when we finish strong like that. We might not have been doing that pace for the other 3 miles, but to finish fast always makes me feel good.

Lifting
After work, I did my leg workout at home again. I went with the same Cathe Friedrich DVD as last week - Power Hour. I will admit that at one point I told Jason I'd much rather do Happy Hour rather than Power Hour ;-)

This workout is basically squats, plie squats, and lunges - basic but effective because of the variety of rep patterns. So, I added on calf raises, single-leg deadlifts, and weighted donkey kicks as well.

Since I've been neglecting chest workouts, I went ahead and tossed that in as well. I mean, why not right? I kept it simple and did 3 sets of 10 reps of chest flye into chest press then finished with 21's (7 high end, 7 low end, 7 full presses).

I stretched for a bit then got cleaned up. I wasn't really feeling it until I took a step down the stairs. Thank goodness for railings! And then I went to paint my nails and my hands were all shaky from chest. Ahhhhh good feelings!

Stuffed Veggies
By Thursdays I'm starting to really feel lazy and worn out. I will admit that I wasn't super enthusiastic about the run until we got going and even less enthusiastic about weights.

Since I haven't been to the grocery store this week, dinner called for more creativity than I was willing to give. I told Jason that we had squash, zucchini, and bell peppers.

I half figured he'd want some pasta dish perhaps. I just wanted easy. Instead he decides we should stuff the squash and zucchini with a lentil concoction with a red bell pepper sauce. Um. Sure. My response was that if that's what he wanted, that's what he could make.

My hand in dinner was getting the lentils and the quinoa started. I let him do the rest. Basically he just diced up then sauteed onion, red and green bell peppers, a carrot with garlic and spices. He mixed in the lentils and quinoa then sprinkled with Daiya Vegan Cheese and baked until the squash was soft.

So how was it? Fantastic of course. I'm definitely lucky to have a man that cook, likes to cook, and is good at cooking.

Daily To-Enjoy List:
Running with hubby
Shaky muscle-inducing weight workout
Not cooking dinner
Painting nails
Sunshine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.