Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - Weekend Plans

Today is a much-needed rest day that I am going to take full advantage of. I can't believe there was ever a time that I didn't look forward to rest days. Now? You better believe I'm going to take that day off ;-)

I have another physical therapy appointment this afternoon. Something has to give with my piriformis situation. I am so tired of being in near-constant pain. I refuse to pop pain pills like candy. I know they would help, but I just won't go that route.

On a more positive note, I'm also getting my hair trimmed up and going to buy a new pair of running shoes. Definitely something to look forward to on a Friday. I hope to give them a good test run tomorrow.

I had a really hard time coming up with an idea of today's Fun Facts Friday post. I was over thinking it to be honest. I wanted to be funny, witty, something....But maybe I can't always be funny, witty, intriguing.

But with all the thinking, it was becoming contrived. And I never want my posts to feel contrived or dishonest. Then I remembered KISS (keep it simple stupid).

So, I just thought I'd share what I have planned for the weekend. Some of it is boring, some kind of exciting.

  • Running - testing out the new shoes ;-) and I might be running with my PT so that could be fun.
  • Possibly getting a new/used fridge - been wanting stainless for ages and someone at work is selling theirs. 
  • Chores and errands - blah
  • Spending time outside - supposed to be nice weather.
  • Hopefully spending time with friends.
  • Playing with the pups - Heath has a new talking toy that he goes bonkers over. I will try to get a video. It's hysterical.
  • Relaxing. Plain and simple. Just going to enjoy the time off.
  • Posting a giveaway tomorrow (teaser to get you to come back LOL)


What do you have going this weekend? Anything fun or exciting?

Daily To-Enjoy List:

  • Rest day
  • Friday
  • Relaxing
  • Hair cut
  • New shoes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.