Skip to main content

What's Your Proof? Plus Fitness Things

My #PROOF
I haven't really mentioned my affiliation with FitFluential recently. And I really should because it's an amazing group of highly motivated individuals. Recently, they introduced a fantastic new idea based on "Proof," on showing what you did to kick some workout booty, to live healthier, or to motivate others. They ask the question:  What's your #PROOF?

My proof is usually a puddle of sweat, shaky muscles, or an ear-to-ear grin after a wonderful run. It's not the calories burned displaying on my Garmin, though sometimes it's the mileage (I won't lie, that's pride). My proof is usually logged in my blog daily, but I often just take that for granted since it's just what I do (if that makes sense). But today, I wanted to draw more attention to it. Feel my proof and see my proof.

Today was another nice day, though warm for sure. When Jason and I set out for our 3-mile neighborhood run at 11:30, it was already 80 degrees. Thankfully there was enough of a breeze to help combat the heat, but not so strong to make you curse.

We started off at a pretty steady clip. I didn't really look down at my Garmin for the first mile. But I kept thinking, "This is way harder than it should be." I know I said, "Shit" outloud several times. It's the only word I could actually get out. I definitely wasn't saying much else and started feeling like I wanted to just throw in the towel and walk on back home feeling defeated. I looked down at my Garmin and realized why it felt so flipping hard, we were rocking out an 8:15 min/mile pace. I didn't say anything. I kind of couldn't.

When Jason heard my watch buzz at mile 2 he asked if it was really mile 2. Um, hell yes, it feels like mile 4 thankyouverymuch. His watch was a little off from mine and he was surprised at the time is why he asked. I thought he knew our speed. Nope, he thought we were going slower. Thank goodness he wasn't trying to speed up!

I was really thankful for the mini-stops at intersections (which those 20-30 second stops really add up). Usually I'm cursing cars for moving along too slowly, causing me to have to just stand around. Today, I took advantage. I could catch my breath for a moment before starting off again. We somehow managed to maintain our pace in the 8:15-8:30 pace. Of course, with intersection breaks, it made each lap look more like 8:45, which I'll take as well.

So here's my #PROOF of hard work for the day (even if you can't really tell how sweaty and red-faced I really was).

What's your Proof? 

Thursday Things
This brings me to some Fitness Things I've been loving and wanted to share. Without these "things" I'm not sure I'd be running.

Tape - KT Tape
Source
I have been using KT Tape for taping my plantar fasciitis for a little over a month now (have it in bright sassy pink). This stuff is really amazing and can be used to tape just about any area where you are having pain from IT Band to Rotator Cuff.

Here's a great video for taping Plantar Fasciitis.

Shoes - Brook's Ghost 4
Source
While I'm not able to log too many miles in them right now, I seriously love these shoes. Note, I'm a neutral runner so these aren't for everyone of course.


Roller - TriggerPoint Therapy Kit
Source
We've had our kit for over a year now and it's seriously worth every penny. I use this pretty much every day now to roll from the waist down for my Piriformis, IT Band, calves, and feet. Next on my wish list is the Grid Roller.

What are some fitness "things" you can't live without or that have helped you overcome injuries. Or things that make a workout better, like your favorite lifting gloves or the perfect pair of shorts that don't induce chaffing.

Since this is already a long post, I'll save dinner for tomorrow. Hint: more grilling.

Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Sunshine
  • Running 
  • Painting my nails
  • Grilling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.