Skip to main content

BBQ Seitan Two Ways

Spinning 
Today I was brave and hit up spin class. I figured it'd either help finally loosen up my legs or just do them in completely. Thankfully it loosened them up rather nicely.

It was a small class today. I haven't decided if I prefer the classes to be filled or almost empty. There are definitely energy level differences with different class sizes. Sometimes I think you work harder with a small class. But larger classes tend to be more fun - a little more laughter. Not that they are exactly easy mind you.

What are your thoughts? Do you prefer a full class, small class or somewhere in between? At least I didn't have to fight someone for a fan on me or to just get a bike ;-)

BBQ Dinner
Rather than going to the store after work, I went home to stretch and roll out my legs. I have a feeling I'm going to regret the decision tomorrow as it's supposed to be rainy and possibly stormy. But, I have physical therapy, which happens to be pretty close to the grocery store.

With gas prices through the roof, I thought I'd save some gas and just wait until tomorrow rather than driving back and forth twice. I do try to take care of errands all at the same time when I can. I think it saves time in the long run as well as money. Remind me of this when I complain about the rain and shopping tomorrow please.

Fresh veggies are pretty scarce at the house right about now. I did have some bell peppers, onions, and sweet potatoes though. I also had some seitan in the freezer. It's always good to keep things stashed in the freezer if you ask me.

I have been wanting BBQ lately. So, tonight was the perfect excuse to make BBQ Seitan Sandwiches since I didn't really have too many other options.

I simply sauteed bell peppers and onions then tossed in the seitan and BBQ sauce and let that heat through. And since it's a sandwich, it had to be served with bake sweet potato fries of course.
 

And then I realized I only had one sandwich bun left. Oops. I let Jason have the sandwich and I just turned mine into a hefty salad with some toasted wheat tortilla on the side.

Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Warm temps 
  • Spin class
  • Easy dinner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.