Skip to main content

Stir Fry For a Snowy Cardio Monday

Cardio Day
Today started off not just cold, but snowy. It was pretty while it lasted, but by around noon it was turning over to sleet, which is just gross and dreary. Thankfully it's supposed to be back to 50 with sunshine tomorrow.

One positive of the day was that my gym was actually open. There was no spin class sadly, but at least the gym doors were open. Since my original plan had been spin, I went with a cardio day similar to Saturday's workout.

I did about 30 minutes on the elliptical then 4 rounds of tabata (20 minutes) for a pretty decent cardio session. I used the almost the same exercises as Saturday, I just re-ordered them a bit.

Squat thrust
Walking lunges w/ kettlebell
Kettlebell swings
Kettlebell squats with pull
Kettlebell single-arm swings
Kettlebell figure-8's
Side shuffles
Up/down planks

Stir Fry Monday
I was supposed to have physical therapy after work today, however, the appointment got canceled because of our weather. While the snow turned to sleet then to rain, there was very valid concern about icing as it got later.

While PT isn't exactly fun, and it hurts like hell, I do look forward to going in hopes of progress. So, definitely disappointed and I can't reschedule it, so only 1 PT appointment this week. I know realistically it probably won't make that big of a difference, but maybe it does in my crazy mind.

No PT did mean I had a lot more time to stretch and roll out when I got home and to actually work on something for dinner. I was going to go with a free-for-all Monday. But, since I did have time, I went for stir fry instead.

The other day I picked up some sugar snap peas for stir fy. So, I had lots of fresh veggies on hand to add into the mix: carrots, sugar snap peas, broccoli, mushrooms, red bell peppers, and some frozen peas just because I like them in my stir fry.

I went with my typical marinade and sauce for the tofu: whisk together soy sauce, orange juice, fresh ginger, PB2 (or peanut butter of course), Sriracha chili sauce, garlic, hoisin, and touch of agave (totally optional).

Since I didn't have time to press the tofu, I dry seared it before tossing it in the marinade/sauce then baked for about 45 minutes flipping once. Kind of a lot of work for tofu, but ill-prepared tofu just isn't worth even eating in my opinion. So, take the time and prepare it right or it's just tasteless mush.
 
I was out of brown rice, so I served over rice noodles. I promise they're under that mile of veggies.

Don't forget to enter my Sweet Giveaway for NuNaturals Stevia. I'll choose 4 winners tomorrow!

Daily To-Enjoy List:

  • Snow (at least just to see it was pretty)
  • Being able to use my gym
  • More time to make dinner
  • Relaxing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.