Skip to main content

Leg Day & BBQ Tempeh Sandwiches

Early Morning & Leg Day
This morning started off even earlier than usual for me. I'm used to being at work by 7am, so I agreed to scheduling my MRI this morning at 7:30. They said to be there at 7 so I left extra early worried I'd somehow be late. Granted there was zero traffic at 6:40 am, and it was only 10 mins away.

But, being there extra early paid off. They sent me straight back, no waiting. What??? No waiting? I was shocked. The MRI only took 15 minutes (and thankfully it was just my legs in the tube) so I was at work by 7:30, only 30 minutes later than usual. I'll call that the big win of the day. Sometimes it does indeed pay to be early.

As for workouts, today was leg day for me. I flirted with the idea of doing the kettlebell tabata workout again, but my abs are actually sore from the workout, so I thought it'd be smart to hold off on that one another day or two.

So, legs it was. I was a little worried about what I could do considering it hurts to put much pressure on my heel. So, I kept the weights the same this week though I was hoping to increase them. As a way to make the exercises (some of them) harder without adding on more weights, I did low-end pulses instead. Talk about a killer burn.

I started with about 20 minutes on the elliptical to warm up. I did supersets of 3x8 unless noted. 

Barbell squats - warmup set of 10

SS#1
Barbell squats
Calf raises

SS#2
Step ups
Stiff-legged dead lifts

SS#3
Alternating front lunges with low-end pulse - 6 reps each side
Plie squats with low-end pulse

SS#4
Hamstring roll-ins on stability ball - 10 reps
Fire walkers - 4 steps each direction = 1 rep - did 4 reps per set

It was a pretty good workout overall. I was a little distracted by one guy who was incredibly loud and would do his power weights (he was just flying through sets) right in front of the racks and sometimes in front of me. Seriously wanted to kick him.

And you could tell he really thought he was all that and a bag of chips strutting around and trying to go super heavy with his weights as he was grunting, gritting, and rocking back and forth with so much momentum I thought he'd topple over. I totally wouldn't have helped him up either.

But other than that....it was a good workout ;-)


Tempeh Thursday
When I got home I did as the physical therapist instructed and stretched and rolled out on my Triggerpoint Therapy Kit. She was actually pretty impressed with the idea of the kit. I didn't stretch quite as long as I know I should have, but I did get in a good 20 minutes at least.

When it came to dinner, I really wasn't in the mood to cook. I just didn't feel like standing around in the kitchen or trying to be creative for that matter. It's getting towards the end of the week, meaning fresh veggies are disappearing from the fridge at this point.
 

I almost went with veggie burgers, but thought BBQ sounded better. So, I decided to do BBQ Tempeh Sandwiches similar to my BBQ Tempeh & Portobello Sandwiches (just not using portobellos). And what else would I possibly have on the side but sweet potato fries.

Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Sunshine
  • Warm temps
  • Leg day
  • Painting my nails 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.