I sort of look like a zombie today. So, to say that I'm happy it's my rest day is a major understatement. Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating this weekend. Today it's supposed to be close to 70, sunny, calm winds. Now tomorrow is supposed to be 40% chance of rain - this is supposed to be an 11-mile run for me.
I'm thinking the weather should switch days. That's not too much to ask for is it? Ok, maybe just a tad bit unrealistic, but still.....a girl can dream can't she?
I had a few ideas for Fun Facts Friday. But I saw a vlog yesterday from Toni @ Running, Loving, Living that inspired me to do a list of what's in my gym bag. I can't remember if I've done this before or not, but thought it might be fun either way.
There are some things that you will always find in my gym bag then other things that get packed the night before based on workout plans. And, sometimes I pack secondary clothes or shoes for a backup workout plan. Gotta be prepared right?
Always in Gym Bag
- Lifting gloves
- Tennis ball
- Oxygen magazine
- Notebook to write down my workouts/weights used/reps
- Spare socks
- Headbands (though I always wear a hat)
- Spare sports bra
- Baggy with anti-chaffing stick, GU, Chomps, bandaids
- Hair clips
- Sweat towel
What I Pack
- For spin/lifting: old running shoes, sports bra, tank, shorts
- For running: good running shoes, sports bra, appropriate top/bottom for weather (usually a backup option)
- HR monitor
- Socks (in addition to the spare pare)
- Water bottle(s) - take my handheld bottle along for running
- Coverup clothes - to wear either to or after run or after I leave gym
- Sunblock - when planning to run
What I Need to Add as a Staple
- Travel tissues
- More food options
- Spare hat (which means I need to buy more of course)
There you have it. What's in your gym bag?
Daily To-Enjoy List:
- Warm temps
- Hair cut