Skip to main content

Just Another (Birth) Day

Last night was a bumpy one here with severe thunderstorms all night long. It looked like a never-ending strobe light with thunder that rattled the house. Poor Heath man looked like he was about to come unglued when I went down to feed them this morning. He just can't handle storms.

Luckily it had stopped with the thunder around that time so he actually ate his breakfast. If it's storming, he won't even eat. However, it was not an easy task getting out the door. He wedged himself up against it and wouldn't budge. Thirty pounds of dead weight is really darn heavy I might add.

I had my gym bag and lunch bag in hand along with umbrella so I had to try to scootch his rear into the kitchen. Kind of funny, kind of sad. Poor little guy.

Anyway, It was pretty much rain all day here, lots of flooding going on. So happy I have rainboots and that I don't have a far commute. It was definitely not a run day for me to say the least. As has been fairly typical of Mondays, though, I hit up spin class.

It was a good class. Our instructor was sick, but was a trooper and stuck it out with us. I have no idea how because it's not easy to take when you're feeling bad let alone teach. But you think, if she can do it, I had better be putting my heart into it. So, butt kicked. And what better way to celebrate one's birthday than hitting the gym for an awesome workout right? Some people want cake, I want a good sweatfest.

Oh, yes, today happens to be my birthday...I don't really make a big deal about it because it's typically just another day. It falls close to a holiday when everyone is busy and it almost always is celebrated with family on Thanksgiving. So, not terribly exciting stuff going down.

Originally I had planned to make myself a birthday dinner Saturday or Sunday night, but that never happened. I thought I might make that dish tonight, but I ended up using up the tofu I was going to use in last night's dinner (roasted veggie & tofu salad). I also didn't make the polenta I was planning to use. Oh, and I am out of spinach as I used that up in the salad last night.

So, dinner is TBD at this moment. And, I realize this is a short, random, wandering post really. But, as a gift to myself, I'm going to log off for the evening and at least enjoy a movie with Jason. We rented Horrible Bosses since I got a RedBox freebie for my birthday. We thought something silly and funny would be ideal on this stormy Monday.

Hopefully I'll have a great new recipe to post tomorrow. And is Thanksgiving really in 3 days????


Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Spin class
  • Movie with Jason
  • Relaxing on the couch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.