As is fairly typical, today is my rest day. Definitely looking forward to a workout-free day after leg day yesterday (and all the spin classes this week). Although, I wonder if I shouldn't actually do a low intensity workout after a leg workout to loosen the legs up.
I might try to arrange workouts that way next week to see if it helps with the Day-2 DOMS that might be worse from not moving the day after - if that makes any kind of sense.
What are your thoughts? Do you rest after a leg day? How do you determine which day(s) is going to be your rest day?
Either way, I was really glad to have a little extra time in my day today. I needed to get to Target and a few other errands for a Girls' Night In get together tomorrow. Really looking forward to that - and my sis is coming up. Should be a great weekend ahead.
Fun Facts Friday - I'm Weird
Last night while making dinner, I was reminded of one of my many quirks. It got me to thinking about how I am really weird about certain things, but then of course other things that would drive someone else bonkers don't bother me at all. Like half open drawers or cabinets. Bad habit of mine that drives Jason nuts.
Things I'm really weird about:
- Washing my hands - can't stand my hands to feel dirty so when I am cooking, I will cut onions and put in pan, rinse hands; cut bell peppers, put in pan, rinse hands; etc.
- Unpainted toenails - don't know why, but this grosses me out a bit. So even in winter, I have my toes painted.
- Ear wax - can't even stand the slight thought of it so I clean my ears almost daily.
- Feet - just. don't. touch. me. with. them. Ick
- Socks out of place - my socks must feel perfect when I have my shoes on. I will take my shoes off multiple times to get it right.
- Workout tops - if I could, I'd only workout in short bras all the time. I cannot stand to get sweaty and feel the tops sticking to me, even worse with sleeved-shirts during the winter. I get super claustrophobic and want to rip them off (same with running gloves).
- Noises - I can't stand when people talk really loudly for no reason (seriously hurts my ears) and little ticks, squeaks, knocks, bumps drive me bonkers. God forbid the fan start to rattle - and no one else seems to notice it. But I swear it's there and it's loud.
- It's Friday!
- Rest day
- Happy hour with friends
- Relaxing evening (maybe with movies)