Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - Finding Inspiration

Shoulders & Boxing
Well, today is not Rest Day Friday since I ended up resting on Wednesday. I didn't do anything earth-shattering though. I had thought about maybe an easy 2-3 mile run and shoulders, but decided against running since I have a long run on tap for tomorrow.

Instead I just went home and did shoulders then Cathe's MMA Boxing DVD, which I haven't done in ages. For shoulders, I went with a giant set of 3x8 and tried out a new exercise too. Ouch.

GS
Cuban press*
Lateral raise
Front raise

*I originally watched the slower version of the exercise and it looked more like an upright row started the rep each time, so that's what I did. So I think I made it even harder, but hopefully just as effective. Loved the moved.

I followed up shoulders with the boxing workout and half of the abs workout at the end of the DVD. It was really kind of fun doing something I haven't done in so long. Plus, punching around is just fun anyway.

Fun Facts Friday - Finding Inspiration
I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do for Fun Facts Friday. I had a few ideas, but nothing that just spoke to me (in other words, nothing that I thought you guys would care to read). I thought I might share some really random, and perhaps embarrassing facts about myself. Oh...now you're intrested huh ;-)

But, I got a message from someone today that changed my mind last minute. I have been told that I inspire some people. This is very humbling for me. I don't feel inspiring by any means. I just do what I do. The fact that I can inspire someone really makes me feel think about what I do, say, how I act even. You never know who you are affecting and in what ways with the words you say or your actions.

I thought I might share what inspires me most from others:
  • Honesty - it's some I highly value and respect.
  • True compassion - I believe I am compassionate, but probably could be more so.
  • Selflessness - because sometimes I feel extremely selfish.
  • Trying - I really respect those who just try. I think maybe because I don't always go for it like I'd like.
  • Perseverance - those people that stick to something, they work their asses off and achieve their dreams and goals. They don't throw in the towel when the going gets tough.
So to be inspirational, I don't think you have to be the fastest runner, have the most kick-ass body, be the smartest, wittiest, etc. Sometimes it's that person struggling to walk a full mile that is truly the most inspiring.

What inspires you in others?

Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Fun workout
  • Happy hour with friends
  • Pizza Friday

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Love in Photos

    In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

    I Run to Feel Alive

    Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

    Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

    Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.