Well, let's just say I ended up going to be last night just after 8. While my tummy feels better today, my head is absolutely killing me. Not really sure what the deal is. At least it wasn't a stomach bug. I woke up most definitely ready to eat this morning.
I decided to hit the gym for a short, very low-intensity workout today. I did about 20 minutes on the elliptical then worked biceps. I had planned on shoulders originally, but remembered how it felt to run 13 miles the day after a shoulder workout last week. Um, not good.
Even though I remind myself repeatedly to relax my shoulders and upper body, after running for so long, your shoulders and arms eventually do start to feel like you've been lifting weights. So running after actually having lifted only makes it worse.
So biceps: giant set of 3x8
Hammer curlsI also did some ab work after biceps. So it was a fairly short, sweet workout for a Friday. Nothing complicated, no cardio over-load, but it was nice to be doing something.
Fun Facts Friday - 5 Random Facts
Now moving right along to Fun Facts Friday. Sometimes, the fun facts come to me easily. Other times it takes a while to figure out what direction I want to take the facts. Today is one of those days where I'm kind of at a loss for inspiration. No real theme in mind.
So how about 5 totally random facts?
- When I was a kid I used to bite my toenails. Yep, fingernails would be totally gone so I moved on to the toes. Don't worry, I couldn't even get my toes to my mouth if I wanted to bite them now (eeewwwww)
- I still have a permanent retainer on the inside of my bottom teeth. Thankfully I have found that this is not uncommon. My orthodontist died in a plane crash before it was removed. Now dentists say that as long as it's clean, no worries because teeth will likely shift if it's removed.
- I hate cucumbers, celery, and avocados. Being vegetarian doesn't automatically mean I must like all veggies.
- I love driving fast and would love to go do a race weekend where you get to learn to drive a race car (this would make my dad proud).
- Sometimes I get really really nervous before I go for a run. No rational reason for this.
Daily To-Enjoy List:
- The fact that it's Friday
- Texting my niece to wish her happy birthday (she's 7 today!!!) and getting a sweet reply that she loves me.
- Possible happy hour with friends