Skip to main content

Spin, Chipotle Tempeh Chili & Home Projects

Spinning
Today I my legs are not nearly as sore as I thought they might be after yesterday's 12-miler. My left hip is really the only source of pain. My hip flexor is extremely tight. I think I might have started changing up my gait or something to compensate for the sciatica/piriformis pain because I never have hip flexor issues. I guess never say never right?

Since I wasn't as tight or sore as I thought, I went ahead and hit up spin class. My other plan was to just do a little on the elliptical to loosen my legs then hit weights. I'm actually glad I went with spin. I really seemed to pull out any kinks.

Before spin, I did get in triceps. I just went with a giant set of 3x10 except for the first exercise which was 3x8:

Double-arm overhead triceps extensions
Double-arm kickbacks
Triceps dips

Chili Night & House Projects
Dinner tonight ended up being Chipotle Tempeh Chili. While it's warmer during the day, as soon as the sun starts to set, the temps go down with the sun. So it might be 80 during the day but then 54 at night. Gotta love big temperature swings.
 

So, it felt like a chili kind of evening. Plus, I could let it simmer on the stove and work on the patchwork in the hall that's still not complete. It's taken many many coats of the sheetrock compound than we would have liked. And that just takes time and makes huge messes. You have to smear it on, wait for it to dry, sand and repeat until smooth. Good times.

Oh and the bathroom project...If you recall I was worried that the paint color was just way way off and didn't fit with any accessories. Well, I found some curtains at Target on Friday. The minute I hung them up, it all just fell into place perfectly - though the picture doesn't quite show the true coloring because the sun was coming in. I can't stop walking into that bathroom and just standing and staring now. Kind of wish it was our master bath!



I do still need to get handles for the dresser that I had painted. I'm torn between going with an oiled bronze that matches the light and outlet plates and the picture frames, or going with a more antique crystal/glass style.

Do you enjoy home decor projects or do you prefer to pay the pros? I enjoy the projects to an extent, but sometimes they just drag on and on - like the patchwork. And when it's fixing/repairing rather than redoing/updating, it's a little less exciting I think.

Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Spin class
  • Catching up on TV shows
  • Comforting chili dinner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.