Skip to main content

Morning Run and Easy Stir Fry

Running & Triceps
Last night I set my alarm for an early morning run, however, I wasn't so sure I'd really get up and get the run in. I had my gym bag packed as a backup plan or Plan C was rest day.

The alarm went off at 5:15 am. And you know what? I was wide awake. I knew Jason wasn't going with me, so the dilemma became: to run in the dark alone or just be up an hour early.

I went for the run. I got to the Big Dam Bridge earlier than when Jason goes with me (sorry dear, but you can be slow going). The bad part about that was that it was going to be even longer before the sun started to rise. It was fairly empty, emptier than usual for 5:50 am I should say.

I ran sans music so that I could be very very aware of my surroundings and hear anyone approaching. I didn't see anyone for almost a mile, then I passed the guy who tilts his head to the right listening to his music. I waved, I think he waved (hard to say because it was really that dark).

A bit down the path, I saw a few cyclists, a few past me, but almost no other runners out. It was sticky humid, and I was trying to up my pace by mile one. Though, I could read the time or my heart rate, so I was going only by perceived exertion. I ended up doing about 5.2 miles total. The humidity was really starting to get to me (breathing wise). And the freaking gnats were out in droves. Hello extra protein?

Anyway, the sun finally started coming up and more people started to make an appearance by the time I was nearing the end of my run. Not a bad run, but certainly not easy peasy. I think I was also letting my mind get the best of me questioning myself about running solo in the dark. Not sure how well half training is going to go when I need to get in longer runs during the week and it's still in the mid-90's. Sigh.

I had resigned myself to being DONE for the day. But I ended up going ahead and doing triceps and abs at lunch. I sort of needed that stress relief, plus I really wanted to get tris done this week. Tomorrow will be a rest day and I don't do weights after a long run. So...today it was.

SS - 3x8
Double-arm overhead triceps extensions
Double-arm kickbacks

Dropset
Lying triceps extensions: 6,8,10

I did abs from Cathe's High Reps DVD and called it quits, for real.

Stir Fry on Grocery Day
I had a hair appointment at 3:30. The salon happens to be close to a grocery store, so I finally did it. Finally made it to the grocery store! But, I was so worn out from the full, long day, that I did myself a favor and went with an easy dinner: Stir Fry.

I made a simple sauce by mixing together: soy sauce, hoisin, peanut butter, miso paste, minced garlic, Sriracha chili sauce, and freshly grated ginger.

For the veggies, I used a bag of frozen California Style Veggies and added in some red bell pepper, fresh broccoli, baby corn, and Quorn Chik'n Tenders. I sauteed everything in my electric wok and served over rice.
 
 

Simple, easy - and I just love the baby corn.

Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Morning run
  • Getting my hair done
  • Easy dinner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.