Fridays are typically my rest days. However, I really had to take Wednesday as a rest day, so that meant revamping my planned workout schedule for the week. So, rather than rest, I hit the gym to get in what would have been my Sunday workout: back, shoulders, biceps, abs.
I will admit that it was not easy to find the motivation after yesterday's 12-miler. Feeling a bit beat up and run down. Plus, the weather has been dreary today - overcast and low 60's. More conducive to sleeping than working out.
Rather than the typical 3x8 I keep doing (over and over and over again), I chose 2 exercises for each muscle group and supersetted them as 3x8 and 1 to failure (TF).
I did some brief ab work then wrapped it up and headed back to work.
(NOT) Heading Out on Fun Facts Friday
Tonight we were supposed to be heading out of town for the weekend to Fayetteville, AR - home of the Razorbacks. It's Jason's birthday weekend, and the birthday boy wanted to see a game. So, the plan was to stay at my cousin's house (side note: it's empty as they just moved, no furniture, nothing, so it's sort of like camping out, only in and with electricity and water but nothing else, but free stay).
So, Wednesday and then yesterday we got everything pulled out and mostly ready to pack up (including plates, cups, napkins, and things we might need that wouldn't be at the house). So the house is a total disaster by the way. The dogs think we're moving at this point. Well, last night, Jason started looking at the weather for Fayetteville (because he didn't believe me when I said it was supposed to rain). Then he decides he wants to wait and go up Saturday morning instead.
Really? Sigh. I had just gotten used to the idea of a semi-camp out. Of running part of a new trail (we were planning on 6 miles). And now we're not going until tomorrow. Oh well, it'll be nice to sleep in my own bed again tonight. Definitely feeling yesterday's 12-mile run. And we'll be able to meet up with friends for happy hour to celebrate Jason's birthday. So all is good (despite the house being a disaster area).
I probably should be doing a Fun Facts Friday based on football or birthdays or something like that since that's what I just mentioned. But, that's not how my mind always works. I had wanted to do this post last week, but opted for the kitchen gadgets instead. So, now you're stuck having to read this one anyway ;-)
Since I obviously workout a lot, there are certain things I've noticed that come with the territory. And no, not just days of sore muscles from running and lifting, bloody toes from too-long toenails, or callused hands from weights. We all know those things of course. But what about that long list of other "I workout a lot" cues?
So, You know you workout a lot when...
- Your car starts to smell like a gym (true story - I even keep a clean towel in there to sit on after workouts)
- You keep your gym bag packed at all times (usually with 2 sets of clothes, socks)
- You have your own gym/workout towels
- Your iPod arm band has to be washed daily (anyone have a cure for this?)
- 80% of your laundry is workout clothing
- You have shoes for each type of workout you do
- You have outfits for each type of workout you do
- You own more than one pair of lifting gloves
- You have more than one yoga mat
- Everyone at the gym knows you and knows your schedule
- You have 3 or 4 different types of sore muscle creams on hand
- You schedule in your workouts like they were a business meeting
Daily To-Enjoy Challenge:
- Weight workout
- Heading out of town (nixed for Plan B)
- Plan B - happy hour with friends
- Sleeping in my own bed