This morning I was emailing with my good friend Jessica (who knocked out an awesome 11 miles this morning - oh and her sister, Jolene, a nice 10 miles) about running and sprinklers and such. In one of her emails she said "You know your a runner when..."
That got me thinking about all the ways you might know you're a crazy runner. I mean come on, we are a crazy lot ;-) So it seemed like a fun list for Fun Facts Friday.
You know you're a runner when...
- You know exactly when certain sprinklers will be on vs. off (courtesy of Jessica and sooo true)
- You get up crazy early to go run even when you're not a morning person because otherwise it'd be too hot (or you wouldn't have time)
- You don't mind if it's raining, it's really kind of fun to run in the rain actually
- You get overly excited when your fave shoe is on "sale" for a mere 80 bucks - must order multiple pairs at that point
- You find that perfect shoe and don't care if it's 10 shades of neon as long as they have it in your size, your good
- You have a drawer full of GU packets, chomps, shot bloks, etc
- You know that bananas and peanut butter are the ideal pre-run snack
- You have socks that are ONLY worn for running, and you might just wash them on the gentle cycle
- You check out other people's running shorts and/or outfits with envy
- You don't mind snot and sweat mixing on your face, who can tell the difference anyway right?
- You own multiple tools of torture for rolling out and stretching (foam rollers, tennis balls, triggerpoint kit, resistance bands)
- You have more water bottles in your cabinet than regular glasses (almost a true story)
- You know what BodyGlide is and swear by it
- You proudly sport crazy tan lines (hello cute sports bra top with nifty cut out in the back)
So, how do you know you're a runner? And if you're not a runner, how do you know you are a body builder, cyclist, or whatever your sport of choice is?
Daily To-Enjoy List:
- Rest day
- Cooler temps (finally below 100)
- Happy hour with friends