Well, we all finally got some sleep at last. No more storms last night. I don't know that any of us moved from the time we hit the sack at 9:30 until at least 6 am. It was fantastic!
I think the sleep helped with my run today too. It was about 70 degrees when I headed out, but the wind was steady (not gusting terribly just yet). However, the humidity was through the roof. The clouds were pretty heavy, kind of dreary. At one mile in, I thought to myself, "Gonna wrap this one up and make it a short 6-miler."
But shortly after that, I hit my groove and I hit it big time. I didn't worry about speed, and only checked my watch to make sure my heart rate wasn't out of control. It was one of those runs that reminds you why you love it so much. I ended up with a very solid, very awesome 9-mile run.
I think I may still be riding that runner's high to be honest. I haven't exactly had bad runs lately, but nothing like this one. In fact, when I was stretching, I came so close to tossing my stuff back in the car and hitting the pavement for another mile. Crazy much? (Don't answer that.)
I behaved and went on home to recover. I rolled out my yoga mat and stretched for about 20 minutes before hitting my TriggerPoint Therapy Kit . I tried to really take my time with the stretching and rolling today. I was having some piriformis pain, but no IT band at least.
Running Errands Freely
After cleaning up and eating lunch, I headed out to run a couple of errands and just piddle about. The sun finally came out in full force along with the wind. I was just glad the sun held off until after my run. Gasp I know. But man it was already humid and when the sun came out and started drying up everything....sauna!
Usually I have an agenda all planned out on which store to hit, the direct route, etc. Not today. It was kind of nice to just go wherever, whenever. I hit up Old Navy for their Stuff and Save sale. Jason needed some jeans and I found two cute summer dresses (one on clearance and one on sale for $15). I stopped by Kirklands and found some home decor goodies. My last stop was the Drug Emporium for some goodies like cheap clif bars, all natural oatmeal for Jason, and some other treats.
We're meeting some friends for a patio happy hour. Really looking forward to that. Should be nice to sit back and catch up outside!
Fun Facts Friday - Running Randomness
I can't forget about Fun Facts Friday can I? Since I had such a great run today, I thought I'd share some of the random thoughts and sights along the way.
- It's amazing how much more a 20 oz water bottle weighs vs a 10 oz bottle.
- Shoulder work the day before a run sucks.
- Thank God for the clouds today.
- Loving this wind, never complain about wind again.
- Yay, love seeing older people out running (a group of 3 ladies probably into their 60's)
- Runners are so much friendlier than walkers (an unofficial 2-week experiment, runners wave back, walkers about 50% only).
- Big smiles when a car of older folks (not just all old men mind you) slowed down to wave at me. Kind of felt like I was being cheered on.
- I really hate it when assholes won't ease over when they can for a runner. What if I tripped and fell?
- Why do people still drive and talk on their cell phones? Those are the ones worst at not paying attention to the runners and cyclist (this is all observation from my route mind you).
- Oh crap, the sun is coming out (mile 7).
- Oh thank goodness, clouds again.
- Blueberry Pomegranate Gu sucks ass, never ever buy that again.
- Ugh, here's that mountain, I can do this - there is a small incline near the end of the route. At 9 miles, it may as well be a freaking mountain.
- Note to self, use more Body Glide next time I wear these shorts...ouch...ouch....ouch.