Today was a much-needed rest day from workouts. I really enjoy taking my rest day on a Friday. It's like an added treat to the end of the week. I'm done and done. Tomorrow I hope to get out for a longer run before heading to where my sis lives. She just moved last weekend and is having a housewarming tomorrow night.
I must get the dogs bathed before we go over there, and I promised to help with the food and drinks. Still trying to figure out the menu. We had thought about doing some tapas, but then our ideas started getting out of hand. We need to scale back. It's a Iacobacci trait - more more more. If 5 is good, 10 is better (more like 20).
We did settle on hummus (that I'll make). And...that's about it so far. My fridge and pantry are getting rather bare so I either have to get creative with what I do have or hit up the store if I can find the time. It may just be a hummus theme with a variety of hummus flavors! Hope everyone enjoys beans ;-)
I'm definitely open to ideas if you've got them. Gluten-free would be fantastic. I made some chickpea flour and thought about making socca. But I've never made it so is now the time to try? Maybe we can do pizzas tomorrow.....can't go wrong with pizza right???
Fun Facts Friday - Things I Suck At
I was struggling with some sort of Fun Facts Friday theme for today. I don't want it to be annoying or boring. Last week it was sort of mushy in a way. I read Eden @ Eden Eats' post today, and decided to "borrow" her idea: Things I Suck At. Hope you don't mind Eden!
Of course it sounds sort of negative, but come on, we all have things we stink at right? I think they can be funny (check out Eden's post if you don't believe me). So, here are just a few of the things I suck at:
- Lying - I can't lie to save my life. My face is an open book of expression.
- Moderation - as I mentioned previously, if 5 is good 10 is better. I can't have just 1 can of artichokes, I must have 3; no way can there only be 2 apples, gotta have 5 (or 6). If I'm making food, it should feed 6 not 2.
- Taking risks - I may want desperately to jump without looking, to wear rockstar heels, to get more tattoos, in reality I'm a straight and narrow girl typically taking the safest route.
- Accepting compliments - I often think someone is just saying something nice to be nice not because they mean it. Or, quite frankly, I just don't believe them because I don't believe in myself perhaps.
- Patience - I have none. Period.
- Forgiveness - This is a biggy. I hold onto things and don't let go. When someone hurts me, I have a nearly impossible time being able to forgive and move on.
- Reading directions - not driving directions, assembly directions.
- Being a nurse - While I am a giver, I am always wanting to please others, always wanting to do for others, don't ask me to care for you if you're sick. And don't worry, I don't expect to be taken care of either, maybe that's part of the problem.
- Not being stubborn - To say that I'm a stubborn ass is a total understatement. I blame my father plain and simple, and he'd totally agree.