By some crazy miracle, I woke up on my own around 5:40 this morning with energy to get in my workout. I didn't bother setting my alarm early. I had pretty much resolved myself to a second rest day unless for some reason I woke up early enough on my own.
Since I woke up, I took that as a sign to get it done. I went with Cathe's MMA Boxing as it's a relatively uncomplicated workout for a complicated hour.
It did feel good to be up and moving, blood pumping rather than dragging myself into the bathroom to start getting ready in a total stupor. Of course, I was yawning by 10 am ;-)
Fun Facts Friday - Being Thankful in Midst of Tragedy
Of course today is Fun Facts Friday. I was really struggling with fun facts though in light of the terrible earthquake and tsunami tragedy that we've all seen unfold today. When so many people are suffering, so many lives lost and destroyed, it does make it hard to openly brag about gorgeous weather, sunny skies, and such.
However, at the same time, when tragedy strikes, it does tend to make one appreciate all of those things and more. So today my fun facts are the simple joys of today, the things that have made me smile, made me thankful.
- Trees beginning to bloom
- Creeping phlox in full bloom (it came from my great grandmother's property)
- The single purple iris about to bloom (also from great grandmother's property)
- Warmer weather
- Opening my sunroof
- Kind words from friends
- Random smiles from strangers (totally offset lady running red light and almost hitting me in crosswalk)
- Getting errands done at lunch
- Freshly painted fingernails