Skip to main content

Back to Running & Stir Fry for Wok Wednesday

Windy Wednesday = Treadmill 
So today I had these grandiose plans for a fabulous 6-mile run after work. It was supposed to be partly cloudy and around 59. Um, apparently the weather folks forgot to check outside today. It was more like no sun (at all), gusting 25 mph winds, 48 with wind chill of 41. So off the mark on that one guys.

I really had no other back up workout plans I did weights yesterday. I really didn't want to wait around until 5:30 for spin, step was out of the question as calves are still too tight for that. So, I decided to hit the gym and split up cardio time between the treadmill and the elliptical.

I started with the treadmill for 2 miles then did 6 1-minute athletic intervals then ran to round out to 4 miles before heading over to the elliptical to finish out another 10 minutes. I really would have preferred that my first run post half marathon be outside, but this worked. I was a sweaty mess once done.

I got home and hit the yoga mat for stretching and rolling with TriggerPoint Therapy Kit .

Wok Wednesday 
Originally I had thought I might do fajitas for dinner. But when I asked Jason what he preferred - fajitas or stir fry - he opted for stir fry. I did have lots of fresh veggies to use and had some brown rice in the freezer. I made a quick Peanut Butter Miso Stir Fry Sauce. I apologize for not measuring the ingredients. I just eyeballed to the consistency that I wanted and the flavor profile that seemed right.

Peanut Butter Miso Stir Fry Sauce 
Ingredients:
Soy sauce
OJ
Miso paste
Sriracha
Honey
Fresh grated ginger
Garlic
PB2 (or creamy peanut butter)

Directions:
Whisk all ingredients together to desired consistency.

It really turned out to be a pretty good sauce if I say so myself. For the stir fry itself, I used broccoli, carrots, red, green and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, edamame, purple cabbage, and Quorn nuggets. I topped with some raw cashews for crunch.

It was nice having all fresh veggies rather than just pulling out the pre-chopped bag of mixed frozen veggies. What are your favorite veggies for stir fry dishes? I love the cute baby corn, but can't seem to find them at the grocery store we typically go to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.