Skip to main content

Not So Fun Facts Friday

Fun Friday?
Rest day at last. I am definitely enjoying the day of rest. However, my morning certainly made me think twice about throwing in a boxing or kickboxing DVD.

I went out to start my car to let it warm up at about 6:30. Heath was finishing eating and Maddie was outside going potty (she inhales her food in seconds). I hear gears grinding and tires squealing, so I rushed to the back door already knowing what to expect - my car had been stolen. Yep, gone. Thankfully there was nothing of any value in there. It's a convertible, so I never keep anything in there that would tempt someone to try to break in.

I called the cops and all that fun stuff. Oh, something of value....my keys. To the house, pass to the gym, AND keys to get into my office are now gone. So how does the morning get better? I have to climb the wall to get into my office - it's sort of a cubicle, but the "walls" are higher than most cubes, but they don't go to the ceiling. Thankfully no one else was in the office yet to see me scaling the wall.

Oh and the day gets better of course. It started snowing, really snowing. As of yesterday, they were only calling for trace amounts up to maybe 1 inch. I didn't wear rain boots, I had on cute tall boots with heels. I was also going to hit up the grocery store at lunch because we're seriously low in the food department.

So to set it up in terms of "Fun" Facts, here is how my day went down:
  • My car was stolen
  • Had to climb up on cabinets then over a wall to get into office (thankful no one was there to see)
  • Snowed so everyone left work early
  • Snow also meant no grocery trip as planned (or maybe it was the no car)
  • I couldn't leave work as I had no car and had to wait for Jason
  • Paid $100 to change locks on the house
  • Didn't wear appropriate shoes and forgot a hat or umbrella 
But, I shall try to find the humor or positives: 
  • Scaling walls of office cube is kind of funny, especially in knee-high, high-heeled boots. In retrospect I should have removed the boots first. 
  • It's amazing how high it seemed at the ceiling looking down; I started to panic a bit. 
  • The snow was pretty at least. 
  • I did finally get to go home a little after 12pm when we had to meet the locksmith. 
  • I also have some amazing blog friends who checked in on me. Love you guys!!
 Here are a couple of pictures from our conference room window (10th floor) taken around 11 am. The roads don't look terrible, but they were starting to get slushy. It was really the bridges and overpasses that were causing the biggest traffic issues.
 

The snow stopped briefly only to start coming down hard again. It's supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow though, so it'll all be gone thankfully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.