I guess I just have so much on my mind that sleep is just not happening this week. I tossed and turned most of the night, finally getting out of bed just after 5am.
I decided to go ahead and get in my chest and shoulder workout. I had thought I would do triceps as well, but my left elbow has been bothering me. When I do chest and triceps at the same time, it makes it worse, so I'm resting the tris.
I went with supersets of 3x8 (big surprise) unless noted:
Pushups - 24
Shoulder press (warmup) - 10 reps
Flat bench chest flye
DB shoulder press
Incline bench chest flye
Incline bench chest press
DB upright rows
Rear delt flye
Staggered press - 12 reps
Front raise - 12 reps
I did abs from Cathe's High Reps (I seriously love that ab workout) and called it a morning.
Fun Facts Friday - The Little Things
Since I've been struggling with not letting this whole car situation bring me down, I thought I'd share some of the little things that keep me afloat. Sometimes it really and truly is that little thing, the small gestures, the unexpected nuances that can make (or break) your day. When we learn to pay attention to those little things and add them up, I think they can help us keep our chins up.
- A great blog post at just the right time like today's post "The Wooden Bowl" by Kristina at Spabettie.
- An email from a friend with just the right words.
- A hug. Sometimes it seems like a hug can fix everything.
- A blog comment like the one I received from Quisha @ Socially Green. Sometimes you guys can seriously make my day.
- A key chain. You don't realize what they can mean until yours is gone.
- A hot shower.
- A really good cry.
- A really good haircut.
- Freshly painted fingernails (and toes of course).
- A smile from a stranger.
- A random compliment when at just the right time.
- Warm, fuzzy house shoes after a long run.
- Someone cooking for you.
- An inspirational quote (thanks Lindsay).