Well, today is my official rest day - properly preparing myself for the Cathe Road Trip. However, I am such a bundle of nerves (both good and bad) that I feel like I need to do something just to shake out some of the energy.
While some of the nerves are from my anxiety over flying, a huge part of the nerve is really pure excitement. I am almost at a loss for words to be honest. I'm not sure there is really any way that I can totally express how excited I am to not only meet Cathe, but to also finally meet Jessica and Jolene.
As I commented to Jessica, there may actually be squealing when we meet! Seriously that giddy, not going to lie. Never in a million years would I have thought that I could honestly call 2 people true friends when I have never even met them face-to-face. But, I do indeed consider them to be friends. I know that this will not be the last time we meet up. I fully expect that they will come visit me and I'll gladly brave another flight to visit them - and that's huge 'cause I don't just fly for anyone ;-)
So, even though I am worried about eating out so much (something I know I haven't really mentioned), terrified of the flight, worried if I'm really up for what's in store regarding all the workouts, I have so many more positive aspects of this trip to look forward to and to help ground me (well sort of as I am seriously on cloud 9).
I thought I would list out all of the positives that I'm looking forward to - this will help me first and foremost, but it will also give you all an idea of what I'll be up to:
- Meeting Jessica and Jolene.
- Meeting Cathe.
- Meeting all the other Catheletes - seriously how cool is it going to be to meet so many others who actually know who Cathe is????
- Getting to attend classes taught by Cathe - not just my DVDs wow.
- Visiting Philadelphia with Jason.
- Getting to visit with some really good friends who now live in Maryland - Jason is staying with them and then they're going to join us in Philly at least one day.
- Getting to enjoy some restaurants that actually understand what a vegan or vegetarian meal really is. As in they include *gasp* a protein like tofu or seitan. This is going to be a HUGE treat for me. There are NO restaurants like that here, none, nada.
- Enjoying a few days off from work.
I will apologize in advance for the out-of-ordinary post (and the ones over the next few days that won't be my norm as well). I hope you all stick with me though and maybe even enjoy the programming change.
I have so much left to get done that I am going to do myself a favor and post early rather than wait on dinner. Plus, dinner tonight will be whatever we can manage to pull together - may be just an easy stir fry so you won't be missing out on too much I hate to admit.
My sister will be staying over and watching the dogs again (thank goodness), so I need to get the house in order for her as well as finish with last minute packing. The flight is scheduled for 7:30 am, so the goal is to get to bed early and pray for sleep.
I look forward to sharing this trip with you all.