Skip to main content

2 Workouts and Quinoa Re-mix

2 on Tuesday 
This morning I was wide awake at 4:30 am. In my mind that was simply too early to workout, so I waited until a little after 5 before getting out of bed and getting ready. Today I knew I'd be doing Day 3 of my Total-Body Training workout but was not wanting to lift in the morning. So, I opted for a lower intensity cardio: Cathe's Low Impact Circuit. I did the first 3 step combos from the cardio only premix and stretched.

During lunch I went home to do weights. The set up was 2 sets of 15 reps:

Triceps - Weighted triceps dips
Biceps - DB curls
Legs - Rear leg elevated lunges
Shoulders - Lateral raises
Chest - Flat bench flyes
Back - Underhand rows
Legs - Squats
Inner Thighs - Plie squats

I felt like it was a pretty good workout. I am definitely much stronger feeling mid-afternoon rather than first thing in the morning.

Quinoa Re-mix
It was another sunny, gorgeous day here, but very windy. The pollen is insane and just blowing in clouds. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and cool back down a bit. I guess the positive side is that the rain should wash away some of this pollen (hopefully). Knowing that it was going to be raining tomorrow and then cool down afterward, Jason really wanted me to grill out again. But it was just too windy and the pollen was swirling. Plus, he went to ride his bike after work and was going to be home a little bit later than I would have liked to have eaten. So, I sort of did a mis-match of leftovers and frozen veggie patties along with roasted sweet and baking potatoes (I only had 1 small sweet potato left).

I used the leftover Tomato Quinoa to make a Veggie Quinoa Salad by simply adding in an Italian frozen veggie blend (thawed of course) and re-seasoned with salt, pepper, and port wine vinegar. I had some Quinoa Veggie Cakes that I reheated and put on top of an Edamame "Hummus" that I made.

Edamame "Hummus"
Ingredients:
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
1/2 cup frozen edamame thawed (approximately)
Extra-virgin olive oil 
2 tbsp fat-free cottage cheese (or silken tofu, I was out)
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

Direction:
In food processor, blend all ingredients adding in just enough oil to loosen the mixture. I added in the cottage cheese for the creaminess allowing me to use less oil. This works well with silken tofu or plain yogurt as well.
The slight sweetness from the Quinoa Veggie Cakes pared so well with the Edamame "Hummus". The textures were perfect. I love it when I can use leftovers to make a whole new meal.

Comments

  1. Oooh, you know how I like using cottage cheese for creaminess! I need to make this, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg let me know if you try this one. It was really quite good. It'll be great for wraps too.

    Thanks Kelly @ Healthy Living with Kelly ! So glad you're feeling better BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those veggie cakes look great but i really love the PERFECT cubes you made :)

    At the gym today it was sink or swim on my own, and I swam. Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

    And I will post my workouts a bit here and there,as much as i can remember what i even did LOL
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weighted dips, ugh! I hate dips, but you know that. ;-) Good for you working out at lunch. I still don't know how you do that.

    I love that you used your leftovers to make veggie burgers. Using leftovers as something completely different is always fun. Very creative!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alicia @ Vegan Epicurean oddly enough, I kind of like weighted dips. I don't really do them all that often though. Thanks for the creative compliment. It took 2 1-hour meetings for me to come up with some of the ideas LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fact that I hate weighted dips probably means I need to do them, like those darn step ups! Ugh. You have guilted me into it, again. I will let you know how it goes. Sigh....... Thanks, I think. ;-)

    I hope you have more meetings this week. Can't wait to see what the next one inspires!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummm edamame hummus?! sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh dinner looks delicious! Great recipe!

    -emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum- these both look like GREAT recipes!!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alicia @ Vegan Epicurean it's almost always those exercises we hate that we need to do most!

    Hey there Fit Lizzio !! It was really quite tasty I must say - not trying to brag either ;-)

    Thanks Emily @ Emily Eats Clean ! I am in love with those veggie cakes. Can't wait to make them again.

    Jolene @ To Be Determined I'm going to get you in the kitchen with one of my recipes yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think you might be a bit of a perfectionist--your food always looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that edamame hummus recipe is a keeper! sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa @ I'm an Okie I guess I should have added that to my list of 3 for you! LOL

    Janetha @ Meals & Moves I do hope you give it a try and let me know if you do please!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey Girlie!!
    LOVIN' the workout! sounds sooo good! :)
    and you foodie pics are always so pretty! and sound so delicious...Edamame Hummus!? BOMB! and the quinoa cakes look fab too! you cook so many allergy-free meals, i love it! i feel like i could come spend a week with you workin' out and eating our hearts out! :)
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so sweet Lizzy !! You're welcome to come visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.