Friday, January 22, 2010

Fabulous Friday, Follow Friday

Free Time Friday
Today was a rest day for me in regards to a workout. I am still a little sore from weights on Wednesday, then doing step yesterday sort of put my legs over the top. I  typically set up Friday as my schedule rest day anyway. It's like a little treat to myself: week over and a little free time.

So what did I do with the free time? Why shopping of course. I won't brag too much, but I did find some great bargains! Besides, I think that there was some consensus a while back that shopping is indeed a form of cardio. So, in a way, I did still workout. Right? ;-)

Pizza Friday
Dinner was the typical homemade pizza. While I blogged, Jason made the Cheeseless Queso with a few tweaks. He wanted to try to make it more like a white cheese dip. Tomorrow I'll post his version. While snacking on the cheeselsess queso, we played pool  and let the bread machine do the manual labor for the pizza. We didn't do anything super exciting for the pizza toppings. I'm a sucker for the Greek style toppings and the other half is typically a variety of veggies. But we did eat at the table like grown ups. I really do think that makes meals a bit more special. Even pizza.



What are ways you treat yourself on Fridays?

Follow Friday
Oh, and in the spirit of Twitter's Follow Friday, I thought it'd be nice to give a shout out to some of the bloggers who inspire me in some way. I have found fabulous new recipes, gym inspiration, new appreciation for the little things, and doses of simple, fun, humor. I hope you check out their blogs.

Alicia @ Vegan Epicurean
Allie @ Live Laugh Eat
Alyson @ Nourished Fitness
Amie @ The Healthy Apple
Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg
Jessica @ EatDrinkBreatheSweat
Jolene @ To be Determined
Suzie @ Suzanne Trying to Maintain
Ordinary Vegetarian

And here are a just a few new ones that I recently found:

Angela @ Oh She Glows
Healthy Hostess
Ameena @ Fancy That...Fancy This
Heather @ sideofsneakers
Kris @ iheartwellness
Kristen @ The Swanky Dietitian
Jenna @ Health and Happiness
Naomi @ One Fit Foodie
Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete

Who are some of the bloggers that inspire you? Found any new blogs lately?